Saturday, November 2, 2013

Plates

So... I have been a consultant with CTMH for 21 years.  Yes....21.  My hope is to still be with them for another 15 at least.  What does this have to do with plates?  Well, back when I started doing this I attended conventions and one of the classes was on making plates using our stamps.  Actually you just stamp on a tissue and send the tissues to a company and they form a plate around the tissue with your artwork showing through.  Well, I found that lots of people liked doing these as gifts so every few years or so we get together and have a great time stamping plates.  I have 2 sets of plates for my family of 8.  Here is a photo of the two I did for me and Sam's.  When the kids were younger we used them as an indication as to where the kids were to sit.  Now we don't care whose plate we use.  Some people do a Happy Birthday Plate or a You Are Special Plate or a Cookies for Santa Plate.

Anyway, this is one workshop that I do that I really don't earn any money doing.  You can come and use my stamps and inks and create and then we send them in.  It helps to get several plates processed at once as the shipping starts out at $10 for only one plate.  It is also $10 for 20, so you can see by the math that it is better to combine our efforts.  I can't give you an exact price quote yet...it depends on how many plates we do.  I am guessing that the cost per plate will be between 6-7 dollars/plate...  I don't know how much the company has changed their prices since we ordered last.

So...if you are interested in doing some plates, e-mail me and let me know about how many you would want to do.  We will try to figure out a time to get together and have some stamping fun.  If you have stamps, etc. and want to get your tissue stamped at your home and your convenience, that is totally fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment